Published on August 27th, 2013 | by Alexis Argent0
Ubiquiti Ships “Golden” 1 Millionth Enterprise WLAN Access Point
In celebration of this important milestone, the one millionth UniFi access point is plated in 24-karat gold. Ubiquiti will announce the purchaser of the “Golden AP” upon discovery.
Enterprise buyers have quickly discovered that cutting-edge, high-performance Wi-Fi technology doesn’t have to be expensive,” said Robert J. Pera, CEO at Ubiquiti Networks. “Ubiquiti is proving that by eliminating inefficient business practices, we can disrupt incumbents in a highly competitive market and deliver great value to customers.”
Combining technical innovation, ease of use, scalability, and disruptive price performance, UniFi is deployed around the world to help under networked businesses, hotel chains, restaurants, hospitals, schools, and others looking to benefit from the overall competitiveness tied to high-performance Wi-Fi.
Ubiquiti boast an impressive range of products in the UniFi series, which includes t
he UniFi UAP, the UniFi Pro, the UniFi Long Range, the UniFi Outdoor2 and the UniFi Outdoor5. Recently, Ubiquiti have announced the brand new 802.11ac UniFi-AC which is expected to be readily available this year.
Here is a lift of the key Ubiquiti UniFi milestones along the way to 1 million access points:
- UniFi first introduced in 2011
- Now 4th in market share by unit volume (Gartner Enterprise WLAN Coordinated Access Points Unit Shipments Report 1Q 2013)
- Fastest growing enterprise WLAN provider in the market
- Deployed in more than 180 countries
- First cloud-ready software controller
- 6 different access point models: 4 indoor and 2 outdoor
- First to announce and ship Enterprise 802.11ac access point
- First to enable seamless roaming for mobile devices with Zero Handoff Roaming
Ubiquiti is seeing similar success throughout its business. The company shipped its 10 millionth device (across all product lines) in December and was recently listed as the 70th fastest-growing tech company in Deloitte’s Fast 500.
Share this item with your friends or work colleagues. If you want to stay up to date with our latest products, industry news and offers you can sign up to our monthly newsletters, keep up to date with us on Facebook or follow us on twitter @4Gon