Published on May 14th, 2014 | by Alexis Argent0
Ubiquiti Networks Introduces UniFi Video Platform and Camera Line for Enterprise Video Surveillance Management
Unified Control and Management of New IP Surveillance Cameras Now Part of Ubiquiti’s UniFi Family of Products
Ubiquiti Networks, a next-generation communications technology company, today announced that it has launched UniFi Video, a new line of video surveillance camera control software and a new generation of cameras – the Ubiquiti UniFi Video Camera, Ubiquiti UniFi Video Camera Pro, UniFi Video Camera Dome and Ubiquiti UniFi Video Camera NVR are to join the UniFi family of products. The new camera control software will be backwards compatible with all Ubiquiti airVision cameras, significantly improving the UI and functionality of the existing airVision platform.
The new offerings will include the addition of numerous enterprise-grade features, including:
- Advanced recording. All units support 720P recording, IR illumination, and a high-quality sensor. UVC Pro cameras also support 1080p recording, extreme weather protection and 3x zoom.
- Live view and HD feed capability. Live view allows you to view multiple live camera feeds in highly customizable arrangements, and live feeds and recordings are high resolution supporting up to 1080p/30FPS.
- Simple configuration and software/firmware upgrades. Deep integration with our cameras allow you to configure and upgrade any number of cameras easily and quickly all within the UniFi Video user interface.
- Comprehensive controller dashboard. Interactive statistical graphs aid in quickly finding and viewing recordings, and zone analytics allow you to precisely define areas of interest for motion recording and notification, including a heat map for motion-triggered video recordings.
- Access controls. User and user group functionality gives access for multiple users with different permissions.
- Easy remote management. Email alerts allow near instant notification of when motion occurs and a mobile web UI allows the viewing of recordings and status of security while on the road or away from location.
- Broadcast capability to third-party software. The controller can broadcast managed video streams to third-party software to manage and review video feeds.
We have invested significant R&D in fine tuning our video surveillance technology and developing UniFi Video,” said Ben Moore, vice president of business development at Ubiquiti Networks. “The launch of UniFi Video allows us to extend the capability of UniFi, adding more value to our Enterprise Technology offerings.
Share this story with your friends or work colleagues. If you want to stay up to date with our latest products, industry news and offers you can sign up to our monthly newsletters, keep up to date with us on Facebook or follow us on twitter @4Gon.