Published on July 8th, 2014 | by David Frith0
Ubiquiti Networks Debuts EdgeSwitch Family, the First Disruptive Enterprise-Grade POE Gigabit Switches
New EdgeSwitch Products Give Customers Greater Control Over Enterprise Networks, Including Advanced Security Configuration, Bandwidth Shaping, and Performance-Enhancing Features
Ubiquiti Networks have announced that it has launched EdgeSwitch, a new line of managed 24 and 48-port PoE+ Gigabit switches in the EdgeMAX family of products. The switches come with a host of enterprise-grade features to satisfy the requirements of even the most demanding business network. The EdgeSwitch family includes four models, the Ubiquiti EdgeSwitch 24 250W, Ubiquiti EdgeSwitch 24 500W, Ubiquiti EdgeSwitch 48 500W and the Ubiquiti EdgeSwitch 48 750W.
EdgeSwitch is the first switch of its price/performance class offering superior performance and capability for a fraction of the cost of a traditional enterprise switch.
EdgeSwitch products will ship with multiple enterprise-grade features, including:
- Advanced VLAN configuration. Set up multiple configurations.
- Auto VoIP with Voice LAN. Easily enable IP phones for voice services.
- Class-based QoS with shaping. Designate bandwidth allowances for specific classes of traffic.
- Broadcast storm recovery. If broadcast traffic reaches critical levels, EdgeSwitch products have a built-in recovery system to minimize impact on the network.
- DHCP snooping. Protect user information by creating a firewall between trusted and untrusted interfaces.
- Port channel LAG/LACP. Port channels enable better load balancing, higher bandwidth, and greater redundancy for the network.
- Port mirroring. Send copies of packets to multiple ports, enabling more effective traffic monitoring and intrusion detection.
We disrupted the router industry in 2012 with EdgeRouter Lite, the first sub-$100 router on the market, and we believe EdgeSwitch will similarly disrupt the enterprise switch space,” said Ben Moore, vice president of business development at Ubiquiti Networks. “EdgeSwitch is a disruptive price/performance product that gives customers all the powerful enterprise features they need to service a large network, undercutting the thousands of dollars IT departments traditionally budget for an enterprise switch.
Share this story with your friends or work colleagues. If you want to stay up to date with our latest products, industry news and offers you can sign up to our monthly newsletters, keep up to date with us on Facebook or follow us on twitter @4Gon.