Published on July 30th, 2015 | by David Frith0
Mimosa B5 Update: Better Performance now with reduced price
Since the release of the Mimosa Networks backhaul products in late 2014 the Mimosa support and product teams have taken customer feedback and worked tirelessly with Mimosa engineers to drive resolution of the issues customers reported from the field.
Among the improvements and fixes Mimosa have added are:
- User Interface: Enhanced the UI with greater readability, fantastic new charts, and many fixes to easily monitor link status.
- Platform Stability: Resolved numerous system stability issues caused by interference and traffic conditions.
- MAC Layer:
Major traffic flow optimizations to improve TCP performance and conditions of traffic overflow above current link capacity.
Resolved disassociation and traffic halting conditions.
- PHY Layer:
Huge improvements under low noise and high noise conditions.
Improved GPS stability and “No GPS” modes, useful when GPS signals are unavailable due to obstruction or interference from high-power FM, TV, or LTE transmitters.
Brand New Features
In addition to improving performance on existing features, Mimosa have also added some brand new features:
- Ability for 3rd party management systems to monitor the B5 via SNMP;
- Integrated speed test features for 1 direction, 2 direction simultaneous, or 2 direction sequential testing;
- Seamless channel and channel width changes without re-association;
- Enhanced adapation for fluid link operation and resilience in the case of interference.
Best Price Per Gigabit Throughput
With the added features and the lower pricing, Mimosa believes it provides the best cost per throughput value on the market. Buy the Mimosa B5 range at 4Gon.
More Firmware Version 1.2.0 Details
- Read the Mimosa Firmware Version 1.2.0 Release Notes.
- Sign up to attend a webinar on August 29th to learn more!
- Contact our live support team via chat at help.mimosa.co.
- Download Firmware Version 1.2.0 now!
Share this story with your friends or work colleagues. If you want to stay up to date with our latest products, industry news and offers you can sign up to our monthly newsletters, keep up to date with us on Facebook or follow us on twitter @4Gon.