Published on November 17th, 2016 | by Max Argent0
Grandstream Expands Into WiFi Market with New Managed WiFi Access Point
GWN7610 WiFi AP offers embedded controller for network management, 3×3:3 MIMO & 1.75Gbps wireless throughput, outstanding coverage range and innovative security protection
Grandstream Networks, Inc., connecting the world with award-winning SIP unified communication solutions since 2002, has announced their expansion into the WiFi industry with the introduction of the GWN7610 managed WiFi Access Point. This high-powered 802.11ac Enterprise WiFi AP is the first model to be released in the new GWN series, which will soon be expanded to include additional access points and routers.
The GWN7610 works with all routers/switches and offers a number of significant competitive edges including tremendous network throughput, outstanding wireless coverage range, market-leading security features, and embedded network management capabilities without external controllers or single point of failure.
Ideal for office buildings, multiple floor locations, branch offices and commercial/retail settings, the GWN7610 offers a high-end set of features and performance, including:
- Dual-band 3×3:3 MIMO technology and a sophisticated antenna design for maximum network throughput of up to 1.75Gbps and expanded coverage range of up to 175 meters
- Dual Gigabit ports with support for PoE/PoE+, USB port for future applications such as location based service and other IoT (Internet of Things) applications
- User friendly embedded provisioning controller (via Web interface) for auto discovery, auto-provisioning and distributed management of up to 50 WiFi APs in a network without requiring
- external controller hardware/software and without the risk of a single point of failure
- Market leading security features that are not available on most 3rd party WiFi APs, including unique security certificate per device using SHA256 encryption, strong random default passwords per device, anti-hacking secure boot and critical data/control lockdown via digital signatures
- Advanced QoS to ensure real-time performance of low-latency applications
- Efficient power saving through self power adaptation upon auto detection of PoE or PoE+ network
- Support for up to 16 SSIDs per radio and up to 250+ concurrent WiFi clients
The expansion into the WiFi marketplace is a strategic move for Grandstream and great news for our partners and customers,” said David Li, CEO of Grandstream. “As access to WiFi network becomes ubiquitous throughout much of the world, there is a major opportunity for easy-to-manage WiFi devices that offer high-end features & performance without high-end price, and that is exactly what we have designed with the GWN7610.
This innovative WiFi access point offers larger coverage range, stronger security protection and much easier & more robust network management capabilities than most competing WiFi APs in the market. We are very excited to enter the WiFi market with the GWN7610 and the additional access points and routers in our pipeline. These innovative products from Grandstream will allow our channel partners to offer their customers highly competitive communication solutions with significant differentiated values in the burgeoning WiFi marketplace.
Share this story with your friends or work colleagues. If you want to stay up to date with our latest products, industry news and offers you can sign up to our monthly newsletters, keep up to date with us on Facebook or follow us on twitter @VoIPon.