Published on July 7th, 2017 | by Karley O'Brien0
Cambium Networks Launches New PTP 670
CAMBIUM NETWORKS LAUNCHES NEW PTP 670 WIRELESS BROADBAND POINT-TO-POINT AND HIGH CAPACITY MULTIPOINT PLATFORM
Cambium Networks, a leading global provider of wireless networking solutions, have announced the availability of the PTP 670 fixed wireless broadband system. The PTP 670 brings High Capacity Multipoint (HCMP) capability, previously available for defense and national security applications, to commercial markets. The PTP 670 provides up to 450 Mbps of throughput for video, data and voice applications; and can be deployed in Point-to-Point (PTP) or High Capacity Point to Multipoint (PMP) configurations to support video surveillance or mission critical infrastructure backhaul applications.
Public safety agencies, industrial operators, and service providers need high throughput in limited spectrum, and the PTP 670’s high spectral efficiency meets their need. The system operates in the 4.9 GHz public safety band and also the 5-6.05 GHz unlicensed frequency bands. In addition, the PTP 670 with HCMP enables industrial and critical infrastructure operators to deploy a secure, high efficiency multipoint system with up to eight separate locations.” – Allen Yu, Director of Product Management, Cambium Networks.
The PTP 650, a dedicated point-to-point fixed wireless platform, was introduced in 2013 and was recently deployed in the Himalayas to bring broadband access to one of the most remote and environmentally demanding places on earth. The PTP 670 will continue that tradition of connecting the unconnected – people, places and things with highly reliable connectivity in a durable cost effective platform.
Equipped with Cambium Networks’ unique Dynamic Spectrum Optimisation capabilities, the PTP 670 performs real-time diagnostics on link performance and automatically adjusts to achieve maximum throughput speeds.
PTP 670 Key Features:
- PTP and HCMP mode
- High Capacity – 450 Mbps throughput with 10bps/Hz
- Wide band – 4.9 to 6.05 GHz Frequency band
- Security – 128/256-bit AES encryption, Over-the-air rekeying (OTAR), HTTPS/TLS and SNMPv3 management, RADIUS authentication, and configurable password rules.
- Interfaces – Two Gigabit Ethernet ports and an SFP port for optional fiber interface. Supports standard 802.3at PoE output port.
- Versatility – Easy-to-integrate layer 2 bridge implementation supports symmetric and asymmetric TDD operation, 1588v2, and synchronous Ethernet precision timing and frequency.
Share this story with your friends or work colleagues. If you want to stay up to date with our latest products, industry news and offers you can sign up to our monthly newsletters, keep up to date with us on Facebook or follow us on twitter @4Gon.