Published on July 23rd, 2015 | by Alexis Argent1
Cambium Networks Introduces Ruggedized 450i Solution That Triples Power and Range to Cambium 450 Platform
Fortifies Cambium 450 platform with Industrial Strength Solution
Cambium Networks have debuted the 450i industrial strength access points and subscriber modules for the PMP 450 and PTP 450 platform. The new solution boasts triple-strength power and range, along with electromechanical ruggedization enhancements made to withstand the demanding industrial communications environment. The PMP 450i works seamlessly with existing Cambium 450 network deployments.
Key features of PMP 450i include:
- Ultra Wide Band Radio (4900-5925 MHz)
- Rugged IP66 & 67 enclosure
- Optional ATEX/HAZLOC certified models
- Dynamic Interference Filtering to eliminate off channel noise impact to system
- Triple the processing power compared to PMP 450
- Improved transmit power and receive sensitivity, tripling the range
- Flexible device configuration between PTP and Subscriber Module
- Multifunction auxiliary port supporting POE out to power cameras, hot spots, SCADA sensors and other devices
The 450i is triple the strength with increased PPS processing power and provides room to grow further with future software enhancements,” said Scott Imhoff, vice president of product line management, Cambium Networks. “The products extended range, increased transmit power to +27 dBm, enhanced receive sensitivity, and an optional high gain integrated subscriber module antenna substantially increase the agility and flexibility of the platform to meet our most demanding customer needs. The 450i release was made to withstand the harshest of environments bringing connectivity to the most rugged places.
Cambium 450 is the premiere outdoor fixed wireless platform providing quality, performance, unmatched spectral efficiency and unrivaled scalability. Cambium 450 has been deployed in hundreds of networks in over 50 countries, with over 5 billion field hours of service. The Cambium 450 offers a flexible, reliable wireless broadband solution to support the many fixed wireless applications of a network operator including: rural connectivity; 3G / 4G offload; video surveillance; leased line replacement; remote office connectivity; smart grid advanced metering infrastructure (AMI), border patrol; primary or redundant connectivity; connectivity at special events; disaster recovery; and traffic monitoring and control.
PMP 450 Platform Key features:
- Frequency availability: 2.4, 3.5, 3.65 and 5 GHz bands
- 125 Mbps of throughput per access point
- Dynamic Adaptive Modulation – Up to 256 QAM
- GPS synchronization for scalability
- Low latency to support data, video and VoIP applications
Share this story with your friends or work colleagues. If you want to stay up to date with our latest products, industry news and offers you can sign up to our monthly newsletters, keep up to date with us on Facebook or follow us on twitter @4Gon.