Published on August 2nd, 2017 | by Karley O'Brien0
BBNet Deploys RADWIN to Bring Broadband to Rural Ireland
RADWIN, leading manufacturer of Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multipoint wireless solutions, have announced that service provider BBnet, have deployed RADWIN JET Point-to-Multipoint to drive high-speed broadband to multinational enterprises and homes in Midwest Ireland.
Over the past few years the 5 GHz spectrum has become very congested (and) could not sustain the throughput when we loaded more than 15-20 subscribers onto a sector. After testing the JET Beamforming platform we knew we found the right solution. We couldn’t be happier with the results; JET cuts through interference like a knife through a cake, providing a fiber-like connection with low latency, no packet loss, and no jitter. It operates flawlessly.” – Barry O’Halloran, Managing Director, BBnet
BBnet can now offer its residential users service packages of up to 50 Mbps using JET, allowing them to enjoy fast internet browsing speeds and high bandwidth for data-intensive applications such as Netflix and gaming.
JET Series Highlights:
- Base Station with smart Uplink and Downlink beamforming antenna
- Up to 750 Mbps per sector, 3 Gbps per cell using 2 x 80MHz
- Guaranteed SLA or best-effort per Subscriber Unit
- Incomparable interference immunity, similar to PtP
- Pay-as-you-grow Subscriber Units : 25 up to 200 Mbps
- Scalable network: TDD synchronisation via GPS allows linear network growth
- High spectrum efficiency – 18bps/Hz per cell
- Multi-band support: 4.9 – 5.9GHz or 3.3-3.8GHz
- Simple operation
- Compatible with all RADWIN 5000 Subscriber Units install bases.
- Long range – 40 km / 25 miles
Deployed in over 170 countries, RADWIN’s solutions power applications including backhaul, broadband access, private network connectivity, video surveillance transmission, as well as delivering broadband for trains and metros.
Like many of our operator customers, BBnet has found that JET Point-to-Multipoint provides the fiber-like speeds to end-customers that it guarantees. JET’s Bi-Beam Beamforming antenna and smart air interface enable it to operate in the most challenging environments including heavy interference, non-line-of-sight, and extreme climate conditions.”
– Raymond Forado, General Manager, RADWIN Europe
Share this story with your friends or work colleagues. If you want to stay up to date with our latest products, industry news and offers you can sign up to our monthly newsletters, keep up to date with us on Facebook or follow us on twitter @4Gon.