Published on February 5th, 2013 | by Alexis Argent0
A quick look at the Ubiquiti UniFi Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi has had a revolutionary impact on the world of access points. Offering enterprise grade equipment at a fantastic price, UniFi UAPs have taken the wireless world by storm. With five different models making up the series, each offering a Wi-Fi Solution for a different scenario, UniFi is continuing to be a huge success across the globe.
The Ubiquiti UniFi UAP Pro offers a wireless range of up to 400ft with speeds of 450Mbps in the 2.4GHz radio band and 300Mbps in the 5GHz radio band. The Pro has the highest specification of the UniFi products.
From a performance standpoint the product is very solid. It’s very easy to use. It’s a very nice user-experience for customers” said Ben Moore, Vice President of Business Development at Ubiquiti.
The Ubiquiti UAP Pro is an aesthetically pleasing, sleek looking unit with a unique blue flashing round LED display.
Features of the Ubiquiti UniFi UAP Pro
– Aesthetic industrial design with unique LED provisioning ring (that can be turned off via the software if desired)
– Sleek wall-mountable and ceiling tile mountable design (all accessories included)
– Power over Ethernet capability for single cable wiring (supplies both power and data)
– Virtual Ubiquiti Controller software interface (no expensive WiFi hardware controller/switch needed)
– Highly intuitive setup and configuration with many powerful features (no special training needed)
– Scalable to hundreds of devices while maintaining a single unified management system
- UniFi Pro Unit
- 48V Gigabit POE Adapter and Power Cord
- Mounting Kit
- Quick Start Guide
- UniFi Controller Software CD with User Guide
Ubiquiti UniFi is renowned for its simple setup and installation. This means it is accessible to people who are unfamiliar with complex wireless installations. The different products in the UniFi range offer different attributes depending on the solution required. See our YouTube channel and support pages for more information.
- The standard model, the Ubiquiti UniFi UAP offers a range of up to 400ft and speeds of up to 300Mbps.
- The Ubiquiti UniFi UAP Long Range increases the range up to 600ft.
- The UniFi UAP Pro offers an improved specification, with faster speeds and more concurrent users.
- The UniFi UAP Outdoor2 and UAP Outdoor5 provide an outdoor solution with a 600ft range in the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands respectively.
The secondary Ethernet port on the UniFi UAP Pro can be used to daisy chain additional UAP Pro units or to connect to a switch or other device to use as a source of internet/network access.
Ubiquiti UniFi products come with the Ubiquiti Controller software. This allows users to be in complete control of their network. The software offers automatic Ubiquiti device detection, real-time status and map loading. The software is also accessible through any web browser and can be installed onto any PC within the network.
When comparing the different models of the UniFi series, the UniFi UAP Pro has a lot to offer that alternate models cannot, such as a secondary Ethernet port, simultaneous dual-band, use of the 5GHz radio band and a security lock. The UAP Pro is also 802.3af Compliant and allows for double the amount of concurrent users of the other models, up to 200 for the Pro.
Ubiquiti Networks was founded in 2005 and has become a leading manufacturer of wireless network solutions. Their product portfolio showcases a number of different ranges including the EdgeMax, the airMAX, the airFiber, the airVision and the UniFi range.
Share this item with your friends or work colleagues. If you want to stay up to date with our latest products, industry news and offers you can sign up to our monthly newsletters, keep up to date with us on Facebook or follow us on twitter @4Gon