Published on February 28th, 2013 | by Alexis Argent0
A quick look at the NetComm Wireless 4G100W LTE Router
4G Technology has become a relevant topic for discussion in the last few months. Since the rolling out of the LTE network across the UK, information regarding speeds and coverage areas are never far away. Today, we will take a look at the Netcomm Wireless 4G100W LTE Router, which offers users the chance to capitalise on the benefits of 4G.
By connecting to the LTE network, the 4G100W can produce high speed internet access to its users. This enables a powerful and secure network to be established regardless of location, it could be at home, in the office or out and about. The 4G100W connects to the 4G LTE Network which can provide data speeds of up to 100Mbps. If that service becomes unavailable, the router will instead connect to the HSPA+ network. The routers had a Gigabit Ethernet port that can be configured as either a WAN or LAN depending on what is required. The Wi-Fi network that is created by the router enables for up to 16 devices to be connected. This wireless connection can be taken with the user wherever they go.
Netcomm 4G100W router Key Features
- Connects to the 4G LTE network for high speed internet access
- Falls back to HSPA+ if LTE becomes unavailable
- Delivers data speeds of up to 100Mbps downlink and 50Mbps uplink2 (LTE)
- Gigabit Ethernet port configurable as WAN or LAN. Can be used as an alternate connection to a fibre or fixed line service (WAN) or for a high-speed connection to a LAN device such as a NAS (LAN)
- 3 x 10/100 LAN ports for multipe wired connections
- Creates a secure WiFi network to connect up to 16 WiFi devices such as laptops, smart phones and gaming consoles
- Local WiFi speeds of up to 300Mbps1 – 2T/2R internal antenna configuration
- 2 USB ports to connect and create a network for mass storage devices
- Ideal for home and businesses without access to ADSL or cable
- Multiple users can connect and share the one data bundle making it a cost effective device
- The device allows users to freely take their connection with them
The Netcomm 4G100W is an aesthetically stunning unit, the finish is smart and glossy. The router is also extremely light , meaning it would not cause much inconvenience when using it on the move.
A review of the Netcomm 4G100W LTE router was placed on 4Gon by Ken Cutten. He said:
This is great, just pop in your 3G or 4g SIM card and put in provider settings. For best Coverage it has to be EE/t.mobile/3/orange. No need for a fixed line. Works wonderfully. And no external aerials at all.”
4G is the fourth generation of mobile communication standards. Designed to offer much more than its predecessor 3G, the fourth generation promises to deliver speeds enabling people to download large files in a matter of seconds, stream high definition television or film and play high demand games online. The next generation of mobile communication standards has brought with it the next generation of mobile routers. A number of manufacturers have produced 4G routers that are available to buy today including the 2N Speedroute, the Lancom 1781-4G and the Patton BODi rS BD004 and BD007. These routers require a 4G sim card from a mobile internet service provider.
About Netcomm Wireless
Netcomm Wireless aim to connect businesses and people to the internet through their high performance communication products. Along with the 4G100W, Netcomm also manufacture 3G Routers such as the 3G22WV and the NTC-40WV. Netcomm Wireless is a well known and respected global provider of 3G and 4G wireless devices.
Share this item with your friends or work colleagues. If you want to stay up to date with our latest products, industry news and offers you can sign up to our monthly newsletters, keep up to date with us on Facebook or follow us on twitter @4Gon