Published on June 4th, 2013 | by Alexis Argent0
A Quick Look and Review of the Topex Bytton 4G Router
4G is a hot topic with more major LTE network rollouts in the UK due at the end of this year. With 4G LTE networks providing the new standard of connectivity, we here at 4Gon are dedicated to giving you an insight to the latest products utilising the latest technology.
Founded in 1990 and with more than 10 years of market success, Topex has built a solid name in the telecommunication field. Here, we are going to be taking a look at their 4G/LTE router, the Topex Bytton 4G/LTE Industrial Cellular Router.
The Topex Bytton LTE Router is suitable for applications such as multi-facility corporate connectivity, professional backup and M2M applications, oil pipeline monitoring, backup routing for fibre optics, video surveillance and security applications. This router connects to the 4G LTE network which can produce stunning data speeds of up to 100Mbps. If this service is unavailable at any time, it will instead connect to the HSPA+ network.
The Topex Bytton 4G Router has an understated design with a matte black finish. There are no logos or images on the top or sides, making this ideal to blend into the background. The cuboid shape of the unit also makes it great for stacking if needs be. The router is light, but also feels robust, making it perfect for having it on the move.
Key features of the Topex Bytton 4G Router:
- Dynamic and backup routing
- LTE to HSPA+ backward compatibility
- Secure communications through embedded VPN tunnels: IPSec, PPTP, GRE, Open VPN
- Over 20x IPSec tunnels
- Serial devices can be connected (RS232/RS485)
- Traffic marking and shaping: Layer 2, Layer 3 and Application Layer
- Small Rural Businesses: The Topex Bytton is ideal for connecting up two remote company premises, allowing for Internet access to be shared between employees, which enables businesses to have a fully functional remote business outpost.
- Building/Construction Sites: The Bytton 4G is also perfect for connecting customers with their local internet service providers in places where laying fibre optic cable is out of the question whether it be due to cost or location.
- Emergency Failover for Company Broadband: If a company’s internet providers connection fails, this simple Point-to-Point kit setup is a perfect failover. The Bytton 4G Router is ideal for Farm Houses, Barns, Ships/buoys to Shore and Residential places (ideal for landlords).
What’s In The Box?
The Topex Bytton LTE Router box contents are as follows:
- 1x Topex Bytton 4G Router
- 1 x Wi-Fi Antenna
- 2 x 4G Antenna
- Ethernet Cable
- Power Supply
- Startup Disc
4G is the fourth generation of mobile communication standards which is designed to have much more to offer than 3G, its predecessor. This new generation delivers high speeds to enable users to download large files in a matter of seconds. This enables the user to, for example, play highly demanding online games and stream high definition video. This next generation of communications has brought with it a new generation of mobile routers. A variety of manufacturers have produced 4G routers that are available to buy today. Popular models are the Netcomm Wireless 4G100W, the Patton BODi rS BD004 & BD007 and the LANCOM 1781. These routers require a 4G SIM card from a mobile internet service provider.
Share this item with your friends or work colleagues. If you want to stay up to date with our latest products, industry news and offers you can sign up to our monthly newsletters, keep up to date with us on Facebook or follow us on twitter @4Gon