Published on May 1st, 2013 | by Alexis Argent0
A quick look and review of the Smart PowerBank POE
The Smart PowerBank POE is small compact power source produced to be used whilst installing or testing wireless equipment such as Ubiquiti products or 3G and 4G commercial routers. The Smart PowerBank runs a 400mA load current, can provide upto 2.5 hours of operational time and offers a PoE output voltage of 16V DC.
One of the greatest advantages of the PowerBank is that it can be used with the Ubiquiti AirMax product range, which includes the Ubiquiti airMAX Rocket, the Ubiquiti Bullet M2 HP Point-to-Point/Point-to-Multipoint, Ubiquiti Nanostations, the Ubiquiti airMAX Powerbridge amd the Ubiquiti NanoBridges.
The Powerbank PoE also features two RJ56 connectors for Ethernet Transparent. One Port is for Data and PoE the other for just Data.
The example below shows a typical use for the Smart Powerbank, one port connects to your Ubiquiti product using the data and PoE connection and you can use the second port to send a data connection to your laptop.
The Smart PowerBank also has a battery level indicator meaning you won’t be left wondering whether or not the unit needs charging or not
The product is ideal for installers or for wisps (wireless internet service providers) being that the product is battery powered and also can be plugged in with a 12v DC in Cars, Boats and Caravans. The PowerBank PoE can also be used for permanent solutions as well, for example if you required an internet connection in an environment which had limited power supply options such as a car, boat or caravan you could connect a 3G Router or 4G Router such a Teltonika RUT500 HSPA+ 3G router or a 2N SpeedRoute LTE/4G Wireless Router to the Smart PowerBank PoE using the PoE and data connection ports.
Features of the Smart PowerBank PoE 16V
- Efficiency 10 W/h, at 400mA load current provides 2.5 hours of continuous operation.
- Build in package of accumulator Li-Ion 7,2v 1500mAh.
- Built-in microprocessor fast charger, full charge of 2.5 hours.
- Charging power 12 V, can be charging from car installation.
- Double security of charging and discharge of accumulator.
- Two RJ45 connectors for Ethernet Transparent including one with PoE.
- Battery level indicator.
- Security indicator in the case of short circuit.
- Power supply (charging): 12V DC
- PoE output voltage: 16V DC
- The maximum continuous output current: 600mA
- Protection activation current, 5s: 1.4A
- Protection activation current, 1s: 2A
- Time for full charging: 2.5h
- Battery: Li-Ion 18500 7,2v/1500mAh
- Weight: 200g
- Dimension: 117mm x 79mm x 24mm
Overall the product is robust and has a pleasing but simple design. It is ideal for its testing and installation environment and could easily fit in a tool box or pocket.
Share this item with your friends or work colleagues. If you want to stay up to date with our latest products, industry news and offers you can sign up to our monthly newsletters, keep up to date with us on Facebook or follow us on twitter @4Gon